The Education and Training Committee of the European Society for Photobiology (ESP) will provide fellowships to assist young ESP members to attend the biennial ESP congress. This is in order to allow as many of them as possible to become acquainted with the wider photobiology environment, to broaden their scientific horizons and to provide them with the opportunity for discussions with colleagues from other laboratories and research groups.
The ESP is pleased to announce that a number of ESP fellowships will be made available to young photobiologists to stimulate their participation in the 17th Congress of the ESP, which will be held in Pisa (Italy), from September 4 to September 8, 2017.
Applications from senior scientists from less privileged countries will also be considered.
The successful candidate will be provided with 100% registration fee waiver, 5 nights free student accommodation and a free ticket to the congress dinner.
- the applicant will normally be a PhD student or in the 1st year of postdoctoral appointment;
- the applicant must be an ESP member in 2017 (please follow this link to apply for membership);
- the applicant must submit an abstract to the 17th ESP Congress;
- the applicant’s supervisor or sponsor must be an ESP member in 2017.
Submission of applications:
The deadline for application is April 15, 2017.
The application letter must be accompanied by:
- a Statement of Purpose justifying how travel to this meeting will support future career goals;
- a concise CV of the applicant;
- a letter of recommendation from the supervisor or sponsor;
- a copy of the abstract submitted to the ESP congress.
Applicants are kindly requested to merge the above listed documents in a single PDF file. (Many freeware programmes are available for this purpose on the internet).
Please follow the procedure below to submit your application to the ESP Education and Training Committee.
Once you have chosen the file from your computer, click on UPLOAD and then on SUBMIT.
For any question about the submission procedure, please contact Francesco Ghetti (firstname.lastname@example.org).